IT / Financial
Johannesburg - Rosebank
R560.00 - R630.00 per hour
Employment Equity position:
Senior Software Engineer specialising in modern Java Technologies.
Designing, developing, implementing, integrating and maintaining the current systems – which include state of the art trading platform, real time auto trading, routing & risk management services, as well as low latency price calculation services.
Analyse and resolve complex errors in development and production environment.
Continuous incremental delivery of working software, improvement of technology and people.
Close collaboration and cooperative relationship with business, other stakeholders and colleagues.
REQUIRED SKILL SETS
A completed B.Sc. with Information Technology or Computer Science Degree is essential.
At least 2 years relevant experience is a requirement.
Banking, Foreign Exchange Securities trading business knowledge will be an advantage.
Must have excellence in software engineering.
PRIMARY TECHNOLOGY KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
• TDD / BDD principles
• Unit test framework experience xUnit
• IOC, DI, Mocking frameworks
• Database design, SQL development, JDBC, Hibernate
• Design Patterns, Architectural Patterns
• Gradle/Ant/Maven experience
• SVN/Git experience
• Integration skills: Messaging, queuing
• Must have the ability to compile clear and concise design documentation
• Pairing experience
• Design and code review